Monday, September 14, 2009

Authors Introduction

I have finished the first chapter of my new sci-fi, nerd-o-rama book and I think I am ready to let the public read it. I have read it and re-read it and I think I'm as comfortable posting it now as I'm ever gonna get. I hope you enjoy.
A little info about this book I believe is in order. Contra was a video game that was released on the first Nintendo system by Konami. There have been many sequels made to the game that were release by Nintendo, Sega and Playstation. If any other platform had the title than I didn't play it.
Contra was mainly a side scrolling game that consisted of you shooting everything in site with a never ending supply of ammunition. There is somewhat of a story to some of the games and a definite timeline that the games follow although I have never paid that much attention to it.
I myself really enjoy shooting stuff and super violence and thats about what you get with the Contra titles. Many times playing through the games (especially Contra: Shattered Solider for the Playstation 2) I have kinda made my own story line and then one day I started typing it down on my computer. One day I got mad at the computer because it was basically a piece of crap and I took an axe to it forgetting my story was on there.
Now I have started writing it online so it will be harder for me to accidently lose. And this time I think I have done even better with the story. I tried to think of a good title for the book and a name for what will be a main character but I had a hard time calling it anything better than Contra. Bill Ryzer is also the best name for that character because that's what he's called in the video games and what I've used in my head coming up with the story line. So it's not really fan fiction and it is. However you feel fit to label it is fine by me.
The funniest part of my story is that I'm not a science fiction reader. The future civilization thing and robots I have a hard time reading and maybe it's because the stories rarely go in a direction that I find interesting. I think this may also be the reason I'm trying to write this particular genre. To make a story that I enjoy. And that's what counts in the end. But I do hope a few of you will like reading it as much as I have writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment